Most of the Windows operating system users have experienced issues with automatically upgrading the Avast antivirus program to the latest version. It is; therefore, they require removing and reinstalling their antivirus program to resolve the automatic update issue that can be the hectic process. To fix the Avast auto-updating problems, it is better to get the experts help via Avast customer support number to solve the issues in a hassle-free manner. There are three basic steps you can also refer to uninstall Avast Free Antivirus 2014 program from your computer manually.
Note: - In the event of any error when using the antivirus, you can contact Avast customer support number and get the solution if you don’t want to uninstall your current program.
Step 1 – First of all, you need to save all of your important stuff you are working on, such as MS Word, Weblog, and suchlike.
Step 2 – Ensure that you are using your computer as an administrator. If you have the guest user access, then you may not be able to remove the program.
Step 3 – Usually, you should refer the standard method to remove Avast Antivirus 2014 program from your PC to make a successful removal.
• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, point your mouse to the Control Panel on the Start menu and then click on that icon.
• Choose the ‘Uninstall a Program’ option under the ‘Programs’ icon, or click the ‘Add or Remove Programs’ link if you have the Windows XP SP3 PC.
• Find the outdated or unwanted ‘Avast antivirus’ item in the program manager of Windows. The programs list should show the option to replace and repair the anti-virus for uninstalling the Avast. Here you open the ‘Uninstall/Change’ window.
• Select the ‘Uninstall’ option in the Avast installation wizard, and then click the ‘Continue’ button to endure the process. You should choose the ‘Yes’ option under the ‘Avast Uninstall’ section.
• Wait a while until the Avast Installation window is processing the request. Click the ‘Uninstall Avast’ option on the ‘avast - Avast Antivirus’ prompt window.
• Wait a few seconds when the setup program as mentioned above is performing the logical yet secure removal process in the background.
• Once the process completes, you need to click the ‘Complete Survey’ button to close the window. Otherwise, you can directly close the ‘Uninstall Webpage’ tab.
• Subsequently, you need to click the ‘Restart computer’ button or select the ‘Restart later’ option in the antivirus installation wizard.
After restarting your PC, you can look for the Avast-related traces in Windows Safe Mode to make sure that there are no remaining files and you have done a clean removal of the antivirus program. However, if you’re unable to remove the Avast program completing from your PC using these steps, it is better to search for alternative methods to uninstall the security tool and resolve the problems connected to it. In such a case, the Avast customer service number helps you directly get the reposition for several matters.