Adding exceptions to the McAfee antivirus allows you to access websites and programs that are blocked by it. You can add different kinds of exceptions, relying on the restriction type you meet. For example, if you have McAfee security programs like Internet Security or Antivirus Plus, you can delete flagged files via the threat lust or enable various websites from the firewall. It’s also possible to omit directories and archives from the hard disk scans. If you use McAfee Family Protection application, it lets you add exceptions that enable family members to access particular sites that are blocked.
Note: - If you encounter any difficulties in using McAfee Security, the McAfee customer service number is the relevant method to get instant support and solutions at one phone call.
Method 1 - Get rid of Item from the Threat List
1. Open the McAfee Security program’s interface and click on the ‘Navigation’ tab on the main window. Move down and click the ‘Trusted and Quarantined Items’ button.
2. Click the ‘Quarantined Items’ button to see the list of possible threats met and detained by McAfee Security.
3. Click the ‘Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs’ button if McAfee has recognized the items as inappropriate applications.
4. Choose the item or file for which you wish to generate an exception.
5. Click the ‘Restore’ tab. McAfee Security deletes the item from quarantine and adds an exception so that they don’t recognize as a threat in the scan process.
Method 2 - Enable Blocked Websites
1. Open the McAfee anti-virus application’s interface. Click on the ‘Web and Email Protection’ tile.
2. Click on the ‘Firewall’ option and then move down and click the ‘Net Guard’ tab.
3. Choose the IP address which is blocked by the McAfee Security program.
4. Click the ‘Edit’ button and then choose the ‘Allow This Connection for All Programs’ option.
5. Click the ‘Apply’ button. McAfee antivirus adds an exception for the particular website and allows them via the firewall security.
Method 3 - Omit Files and Folders during Scans
1. Open your McAfee antivirus program and then click ‘Virus and Spyware Protection,’ followed by the ‘Scheduled Scans’ section and then the ‘Excluded Files and Folders’ option.
2. Click ‘Add File’ to make an exception for a particular file, or choose the ‘Add Folder’ option to create an exception for all folders.
3. Pick the 'File or Folder' option during the file selection and click the ‘Open’ button. McAfee inserts them to the list of excluded items and will ignore the item in the hard disk scans.
Method 4 - Allow Website via Parental Controls
1. Open the McAfee Family Protection program and then input the admin login credentials you created while you registered the application.
2. Click the ‘Websites’ option on the main window. Choose the family’s member for whom you require allowing access to a particular website.
3. Click the ‘Change Allowed Websites’ button. Input the website URL in the ‘Allow a site’ box and then click ‘Add.’ Now, McAfee adds an exception that lets the particular users reach the website despite any other settings.
However, if you’re unable to add an exception on your McAfee program and allow access to any website or files using this information, you can go to the assistance and call McAfee support number to reveal additional methods and proper steps to create an exception.